Sunday, July 25, 2010

blast from the past

I had the opportunity to sit and chat with an old friend of mine this last week.
Her and I were friends throughout middle school and the summer before we started high school, her family moved to Louisiana.
The first coupe of years she was gone we were able to keep in touch, but since then we haven't talked much at all. The last time I saw her was the summer after she moved, which was five years ago.
She's changed a lot since the last time I saw her. She's grown up. Which I'm sure she thinks of me also. Her and I have taken different paths through life and are different points now. We're so very different, but seeing her made me so happy.
Not until I saw her had I realized how much I really missed having her around. We had our ups and downs as friends, but that's just girls, and she really is a great person.
I don't really know why I felt inclined to write this blog, but I just felt like I needed other people to know that she's a good person, even if she has changed in the six years she's been across the country, and I hope she's happy. I truly do.

No comments:

Post a Comment