My cousin Stacey put together the first annual Grow Family Tournament of Games, and it was this past weekend. John and I showed up late because, being a Saturday, we had things we had to do. But it was fun once we got there! (And I hear it was even fun before we got there. ;))
Anyway, get ready for picture overload.
Here you go Liz.
How happy is this baby!
Um, I love when Jackson sticks out his belly like this.
These two were LOVING the hose.
I thought for sure it was going to pop on her. But it didn't!
I don't know...but I love him.
We played Minute to Win It games, and as you can see, Daniel won this one.
The cup game, turned into a relay.
John looks slightly terrifying.
Jan is hilarious.
Daniel made this one look easy. Just popped it off his forehead and into his mouth.
It was such a fun day!
The Roos family took home the coveted bowling pin, and apparently, it will be traveling our houses for the next year.
John and I spent five days or so up at my aunt and uncle's cabin in Bear Lake. A annual vacation for the Roos family. I love just sitting and being lazy, John does not. Luckily there were things that needed fixing for John to fix.
Classic JW look.
He was taking that bucket, filling it with water and then half drinking it, half pouring it all over himself. He loved it. The rest of us thought it was kind of yucky.
Yep. There's John. JW thought he was crazy, and he was right.
He is trying to figure out why I won't get in the water at this point.
JW and Holland playing in the sand.
This makes him look sliiiiightly feminine. The pink glasses especially.
JW sure does look cute with them on though.
This little one prays in her sleep. So precious.
We also discovered JW's love of Cheetos. They were all over him. :)
Teddy in his favorite spot.
This was on one of mine and John's rides. We went all the way to the top of Sweet Water Hill. Too pretty to resist.
We even had a deer right next door! And, obviously, he stared right at me and didn't even run away.
Did you know that the 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays! Well, it is. And this year didn't disappoint. It was definitely more laid back than usual, but I enjoyed it.
John and I spent the day at home because he was feeling sick (probably the 5 hamburger patties and 1 hot dog he ate the night before), we ate lunch together, and later went to a BBQ at my Grandma and Grandpa's house. A Grow favorite.
Isn't she the cutest little American flag ever?
I don't even know where this wagon came from. But the kid loved it. And loved Elliot. I'm pretty sure that's who he was looking at when I took this.
Myself and little A.
My cute husband.
So us. So great.
Me and Sissy.
I love fireworks. But not when they're going off at 1AM (and sound like they're in my house) and I'm trying to sleep so I can get up for work the next morning.
Living across the street from Sugarhouse made this even worse. But I may say, it was nice to just walk across the street to the park.
I saw this on Pinterest the other day, and John and I died when we read it. So I decided I had to share because I guarantee you will laugh at least once.
1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after BluRay? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.
13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this. Ever.
15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Dammit!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?
16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night that more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
20. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
21. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize that I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
22. I would rather try to carry 10 over-loaded plastic bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
23. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.
24. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
25. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
26. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
28.Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber and dumber every year?
29. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
30. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate bicyclists.
31. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
32. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet my ass everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!