Thursday, May 8, 2014

Employee of the Quarter

My company, or at least my department, gives awards for "Employee of the Quarter".
As a minimal part of the department, I've never really thought that I would be nominated for it, let alone win. Apparently my boss thought otherwise. He nominated me for Q1, and I ended up receiving the award. 

There is nothing like recognition for the work you do every day, and it was a great feeling to know that people notice what I'm doing, and appreciate it! 
At the meeting they read small little blips that my boss and a coworker had written. They were both so nice and thoughtful that I asked if I could get a copy. 

My coworker said, "Emily is a super star! She is one of the kindest co-workers I have ever had the pleasure to work with. She is dedicated to her job and helps boost the morale of those around her. And she does this all with a smile on her face and in her heart."

And my boss, "Emily is a great employee and a huge benefit for CR England. She has no problem taking on new tasks and doing things outside of her comfort zone. Whether it's designing reports/images for Rigo, calling competitors for Steve, creating social media content, or managing the accounting/finances for out team, she always completed her tasks with an above and beyond mentality. Emily also comes to work every day with a positive attitude and willing to help where needed. It is an honor and privilege to have her on our team."


Super nice huh?


 I certainly am not one that enjoys being the center of attention, and when they announced my name and put my picture on the screen, my face went bright red. Of course. 

For winning the award, I get my own parking spot, with my name on it, for Q2. Pretty freaking awesome, because sometimes finding a parking spot in the morning, or after lunch is a difficult task. 

1 comment:

  1. Can't think of anyone that deserves it more! That sign should also say 'best friend of the past ten years.'

    ReplyDelete