Friday, July 31, 2015

Five Months Old

 It's hard to watch my baby grow up so quickly, but, here she is, 5 months old. She smiles all the time, but we're still working on getting her to laugh. It's like she thinks she's laughing, but it's silent and at this end she lets out this grunt-like noise. It's so funny. She has all sorts of noises down, including a velociraptor squeal, that she likes to make around 3AM. She also gasps, a lot. Not sure what she's trying to do, but it is one weird noise! She has started eating solid foods, and she absolutely loves them. We've had some troubles with her tummy liking the solid foods, but it hasn't slowed her down. 

She sits up on her own! I'm not sure I'm okay with this. 
 We went to the home that my Grandmother is living in to have dinner one night, and I got some super sweet photos of the two of them. Grandma has always loved Ruby, and is always telling me that she is "such a good baby!" I'm glad that they have been able to spend some time together -- you never know when we won't be able to see Grandma anymore.
We tried to get a four-generation photo, but it didn't turn out the best. 
The weekend of the 24th of July was spent at the Johnson family reunion. It was held at Grandma Johnson's house, and this year it was circus themed. The 25th this year marked 7 years of John and I knowing each other. If you would have told either of seven years ago that we would be together now, and have a kid, we probably would have laughed in your face. 







No comments:

Post a Comment