Monday, May 31, 2010

time for an update..

Well...it's been a couple weeks so I figured I would update you on the Lawrence's.
This past weekend we went down to Loa, Utah.
It's down by Capital Reef. (I didn't know where it was either.)
We went down there because Patty is in charge of the Trek for her stake this year and she decided that everyone going on the trek needed a walking stick.
Tacey's dad, Alton, is the forest ranger down there and so he was able to obtain a permit for her to cut down river birch trees. So, Jenny, John, Patty, and I all piled into the truck and made the journey down to Loa.
Dust, Tacey and the kids also went down this weekend, and two of Tacey's sisters were down there with their kids.
The cutting down of the trees wasn't as terrible as I thought it was going to be. Tacey's whole family ended up helping out, which they deserve more than a huge thank-you for. We were able to get it done in two and a half hours, which was much less time than I originally anticipated it to be.
John and I had to be back in Salt Lake by seven thirty because we had plans, but we had some time to spare before we left, and the four wheelers had been pulled out.
My love. I had never driven a four wheeler, but I'd been on the back of one.
I rode with Tacey for a little bit, and then I got to drive it. I have never loved anything more. The whole feeling of driving it was awesome.
John has always said that he wants to be able to live somewhere that he can have a tractor and people won't think twice about it, and so I told him that if he gets a tractor, then I get a four wheeler. :)
The plans we had to be back in Salt Lake for, was dinner for Sara.
She graduated from Nursing school, and her family threw her a dinner party at the grub, and we were invited.
We are so proud of her! (And quite a bit jealous.)

Here she is! My favorite nurse!
She got a job at Primary Children's, dealing with kids that have just had surgery.
Super stoked that she got it, because that means they're staying in Utah. :)

I'm a little sad that this turned out blurry, but it's still okay.
I can't believe I haven't written about this yet.
Weeks ago, during the basketball playoffs, when the Jazz were playing the Nuggets, John and I went to Cinegrill with his whole family.
John, Patty, and I were the first ones there and the second we sat down I looked across from us and who was sitting there?
The one and only.
Jerry Sloan.

I freaked out a little bit. I turned to John and said "That's Jerry Sloan."
And he didn't believe me.
I wanted to get up and go ask him for an autograph, or a picture but Patty told me that I wasn't allowed to because he was with his family.
He wasn't with his family.
He was with the entire Jazz staff, celebrating one of their birthdays.
Pissed.
He did wave and smile at us when he left though.
He knew we were fans.
Not to mention who else was there.
Frank Layden.
I was sitting next to a newspaper article about Frank Layden, and what he has done for this city
and the Jazz, and he was sitting ACROSS from me.
Sheesh.

I did get a picture of him.
Had to paparazzi it, but it works!
With playoffs going on, and the release of the new Jazz logo, I want one of these.

I love the throw back jerseys. I can't decide which player I would want though, because everyone has DWill, and maybe I want something different, ya know?

This is the jersey John wants.
Fesenko.
Unfortunately, at this moment, they don't sell a 44 jersey.
Whomp whomp.
Maybe soon.
I'll have to just wait though; I don't know what the new logo looks like yet, except that it's the Jazz note, and so I will just have to wait and see and then I can get a jersey!
I did get this though!

There is a place in Fashion Place mall that does vinyl stickers, and I decided I wanted the Jazz note. So why the old school, purple and green Jazz note?
LOVE IT.


I also got this! A new phone cover.
I love Coach.
And I am spoiled, yes.


My iPod broke about a month or so ago.
I got the red X of death, and it doesn't work anymore.
It makes sitting at a desk eight hours a day really hard.
I have been really good, and I haven't complained, but just in the last couple of days I've been missing it.
So, I'm buying a new one.
I'm choosing the Nano, because I like the fact that it has FM radio, and the whole pedometer ability thing.
Like I said, I'm spoiled.

This is something else I want.
But I'm going to have to wait until next Summer.
It's a Honda Metropolitan.
And the color is "Ghost"
I'm pretty much in love with it.
John wants a motorcycle, and I want a scooter.
Better start saving huh?

1 comment:

  1. I TOTALLY get the scooter thing! I desperately want one as well, but I think my family said they would write me out of the will if I did... it's something to ponder... :) Haven't seen ya in ages, Em! Let's play this summer. If you recall, we have a lovely little pool in our apartment complex, so lets abuse it!

    ReplyDelete