Wednesday, November 17, 2010

what a week

well let me tell you, it has been one hell of a week!

This could come as a TMI to all of you, so just be aware.

I woke Monday feeling a little cloudy, as John would say. He likes to compare moods to the weather.

Anyway, I stayed home from work, and stayed in bed, and nothing got better. It just got worse.

My body ached. It felt like I was cramping constantly, and I felt like I had to go to the bathroom ALL THE TIME. Oh, and not to mention it hurt like h-e-double hockey sticks when I actually was able to go to the bathroom.

So Tuesday morning comes along, and I end up staying home from work again. And I skipped both of my classes. I was just in so much pain. I didn't even mention that I was nauseated, and every time I attempted to stand up the room spun and I had to sit back down.

So as the day passed on Tuesday, the pain got worse, and worse, and worse. I finally decided I couldn't just get over this with cranberry juice/pills and water. I needed to go to the doctor. So I went to InstaCare. Peed in the cup, like they have you do, and my urine was almost straight blood. It was disgusting to say the least. So I go into the room, waiting for the doctor and that pre-throw-up feeling game over me and the room started to spin again. I got up and told the nurse I had to use the bathroom, I was going to throw up. I got to the bathroom and of course, didn't throw up, but I definitely almost passed out. I knelt down and was using the toilet to hold myself up. I've never felt that way ever, in my life. And if you know me, you know I'm sick, a lot.

So I go back into the room, waited for the doctor, who came shortly after, poked and prodded at my stomach and back, and then proceeds to tell me I have a bladder infection (oh really, sir? I couldn't tell). He said the infection was definitely into my kidneys i.e. the blood in the urine. So he prescribed me two different medications and sent me on my way. I almost didn't make it home, I was so woozy. Luckily, my mother talked to me almost the whole way there so I was safe, and didn't pass out at the wheel. Unfortunately, I took my meds as soon as I got home, except I hadn't eaten anything. Can anyone guess what happened next? It was AWFUL.I must say the medications have definitely help. Today I went back to work. But my back has hurt all. day. long.

Killed.

John is really worried about me, so he's making me do everything possible to get rid of this bogus. He thinks I may have kidney stones, so tonight he made me do this remedy that his mother swears by.

What is it you might ask?
Drink a SIX PACK OF COKE (can not be Diet Coke) and eat about a bushel of Asparagus in an hour.
AN HOUR.
For one, I despise Coke. It's disgusting. Too sweet.
I love asparagus, but after tonight I may not.
I achieved this goal of an hour, but I am about to kill over. I've never felt so sick in my life. But if it works, then I'll be very grateful.
It seems to make sense, the Coke is acidic, so it breaks down the kidney stone(s), and the asparagus makes you have to pee, so then you pass the stone(s).
Wish me luck. I'm so over this whole mess.
Oh, and not to mention. I got Jury Duty today.
LOVELY.
Please say that they won't like me because I work at a law firm.
Please, please, please!

1 comment: